Friday, May 8, 2009

Today I feel . . .

Today I feel happy again.  There are several reasons I feel happy today: We met with another doctor who offered some hopeful news, though we are still considering options at present.  Also, I'm sure some of  the "crazy-woman hormones" (that caused me to yell or cry over insignificant matters and at the same time think, "what am I doing? what am I saying? why is poor Tim looking at me like that again?") have washed out of my system by now.  And, finally, I'm sure another reason I feel happier again is because I'm back at school--post swine-flu-scare--and I've had time to absorb the fact that the last fertility treatment didn't work.  It's hard to explain the let-down that came with that knowledge.  I don't imagine that it is as devastating as a miscarriage, but it must be a similar loss of the expectation and hope that accompany a potential new life.

So, today I am looking forward to . . .
*an evening spent eating dinner out and talking with T
*followed by a quick workout (as opposed to the 2.5 hour workout T will get while watching the Rockets)
*and tomorrow a nutrition class with a friend (after my eating out the night before...hmmm...)
*a lovely day spent with my mom just to celebrate her and finally
*a Sunday of rest (and maybe seeing mom once more) while T heads to the Rockets game (go yao!)

It strikes me as humorous to see my weekend list above because who really knows what God has in store for any of us at any moment?  But, thankfully, he is with us in the big and small, the amazing and the mundane.  I am often comforted by the truth that the Psalmist says, when he states, "My times are in Your hands."  How true.


No comments:

Post a Comment