Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Diaper List

Most people have heard of "The Bucket List," a list of things to do/places to go before one "kicks the bucket."  Tim and I, however, have added a new twist to this idea and have instead made our diaper list, a list of things to do/places to go before one has to change diapers/carry diapers everywhere.  I thought I'd share my diaper list today, since I am hoping (God-willing) to be pregnant with that little diaper-needing bundle in July.

1. Go to D.C. one more time--March 2009 DONE!
2. Have a mixed drink or glass of wine at least once a week
3. Pedicures just to pamper myself
4. Write my next book (at least the rough draft)
5. Workout and lose weight (10 pounds off so far!) before I have to pack on the pounds
6. A night out at the Melting Pot (kind of goes against the "lose weight" point, I know)

And if we don't conceive in July and adopt first instead, I will be able to add "Trip to Disney World" (hopefully) and "Trip to Europe (or Asia?) to pick up baby."  There's always a bright lining.  Just need to search for it sometimes. :)

Friends, please post if you have any additional ideas or a diaper list/bucket list of your own.

4 comments:

  1. 7. Trip to NYC (at least for week...I still have the list you, me, and Carrie made)

    8. Learn to knit. If you don't now, you never will.

    9. Get your docorate in women's studies. You know you are going to one day. Then you and H.C. will be equals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a word of advice. :) Replace your #1 with SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP! You will feel like that is something you never do once baby Bird is here. :)

    Love,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. A is right...SLEEP...I would love the feeling of true REST and RELAXATION.

    #10 Save for a housekeeping/maid service for the first few months of your sweet baby's time with you.

    Love you...Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the unnamed parents of your only godchild- make lots of whoopie because after baby- well, let's just say, Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete