Thursday, May 21, 2009

Expecting . . . Hope

The conference call offered further insight into the Bulgarian program, but one fact was a little disappointing.  Bulgaria requires that adoptive parents own the home in which they live, and as many of you know, we have a delightful seaside beach cottage in a tropical locale with our name on it (insert sarcastic laugh here).  I asked the program coordinator if it would be enough for us to own a home, even if we are currently renting it out.  She said that our mailing address must match the deed to our property.

Although I already knew the answer, I asked Tim if hiccups like this would just be part of the process.  Of course.  For now, I guess this leaves me wondering what God is up to.  I could blame the stalls and unexpected news on bad timing, the economy, our house-buying naivety, or mere coincidence, but so much of our journey has been so orchestrated that there must be a plan (and I know it’s not my original proposal).

So, we wait.  I mean, really, how wrong would it be if I started a blog entitled, “Our Waiting Room” and then everything worked out perfectly within a few months? J No, my friends, I think this blog will be around for a few years, until all of my little ones have been brought near from across the globe and are tucked in safe and sound in our (new?—maybe now J) home, and I’m a changed woman who has learned the intricate art of patiently waiting with expectant hope.

1 comment: