Friday, May 29, 2009

Money, Money, Money

Thanks to Donald Trump, the song "Money, Money, Money" has been made popular to a new generation. It's also the theme that's been ringing through my head as we edge closer and closer to the big idea of advanced fertility treatments and adoption. In honor of this reality, I've listed a couple ideas that cause me a moment of amusement as I watch our bank account ebb and flow.

*Instead of bragging about achievements in the never-ending-my-kid-is-better-than-your-kid-game, I think I'll just make my child wear a badge that says, "My baby costs more than your baby."
*Instead of blue or pink wallpaper, I'm considering covering one entire wall with oh-so-lovely black and white receipts. (Besides, it'd be a good way for baby to learn math early.)
*And instead of considering twins as an overwhelming option, I would just consider them my best-ever "two-for-one" deal :)

Let me know if you think of any other benefits of spending tens of thousands of dollars on baby Bird--besides the fact that there will actually be a beautiful baby Bird someday. I know that's so worth trading in my shopping money for a while!

3 comments:

  1. wouldn't it be cheaper to just go to the pet store and dress up a baby bird... :) you won't need a diaper genie or a mini van ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I'll run it by tim and see what he thinks. If we got a parrot, it could live for 100 years.

    ReplyDelete