Thursday, August 6, 2009

The "Whatever" Gene

I just took my Lupron shot, and I'll take one more at 9:30am tomorrow morning. After that, my body will do what it must to begin the ovulation process before the egg extraction on Saturday. I am hoping they can retrieve 15-20 eggs. We'll know soon!
I was talking with my sister Lindsay tonight, discussing our extremes: me, the planner and sometimes "freaker-outer" extraordinaire; her, my cool, calm, and always relaxed younger opposite. As we pointed out these differences, I told her that I hoped my baby got the "whatever" gene, the one that allows him/her to relax and let life come and go and just be.

Tim definitely has this gene, and it must be somewhere in my gene pool if my look-alike little sis has it. I'm thinking baby has at least a chance. But, hey, there must be some good in the "do-it-now-or-I-will-do-it-for-you" gene because baby probably wouldn't have a chance of getting on this earth if the "whatevers" just let life be. :) At least that's the way I make myself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment