Monday, August 17, 2009

Rested

If I am not rested by now, I never will be. 72 hours of bed rest later, and I am up and around somewhat. I'll be returning to work for in-service this afternoon, and tomorrow all my little (and bigger-than-me) kiddos will return to start a new year.

On Thursday we arrived and dressed down completely in surgical gear. Tim had to wear a full blue-paper body suit that caused me amusement (particularly because I was loaded up on Valuum). They lead us to the operating room, and Dr. Gill came in and informed us that we had 12 "perfect" (yes, that's the word he used!) blastocysts. The procedure wasn't painful as they transferred two blastocysts, and Tim and I were both surprised at the emotional connection we felt to the little blobs that looked like "Boboli" pizza dough and carried our DNA.

I'll be visiting the doctor every other day beginning today to do blood work and ultrasounds as needed. Now we wait.


1 comment: