Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Venti Calm Tea Misto with Soy

I'm sitting in class right now, waiting for my students to finish reading the last Chapter of The Scarlet Letter. I had hoped to read it aloud to them, but I am sick. A coughing, sneezing, congested, "am I wetting myself?????" kind of sick. I never thought about the ramifications of that during pregnancy. Now, I worry about how being ill might affect my baby. Now, I can't take most meds and instead just work through it. Now, I call my mom at 6:45am and ask more questions than I already would normally. Now, I'm easier on myself as a teacher, drinking my Venti Calm Tea Misto with Soy and ichatting about the book with my students. It's all I can do right now. All of this leads me to believe that this may be part of the prep for being a mom myself. Concern for my child, questions for my mom, less of a focus on work and more on home. Being a mom. Hmmm... What a nice thought, even with all the new (cuter) baggage that I carry with me on this journey to motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment