Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ready, Set, Go

Today was the first day of injections, and we are on the fertility road once again.

(A few specifics for those who have been through such an experience and are interested in numbers: My appointment this morning offered the wonderful information that I have no cysts, my uterine lining looks healthy (7.2mm), and I currently have six follicles on each side. Today, I began taking 150mg of Follistim and 150mg of Menopur.)

I am hesitantly excited about the process, and I expect no side effects from the hormone injections for another week or two (hopefully!). I take hormones shots again tomorrow night and then check in with my doctor Thursday morning to find out how many little follicles are growing (the follicles house the eggs that will make half of Baby Bird). This week I'll be working at school (every now and then), preparing for my "little" 15-17-year-old darlings who will greet me bright and early August 18th. I'll touch base again on Thursday after I hear my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment