Sunday, July 12, 2009

In Touch

Thursday is my second hysteroscopy, and the BIG question on my mind is whether or not I will finish this fertility treatment before school begins again.  If all is clear, I think I should be able to start the hormone shots the following week.  Strange how I am so looking forward to injecting myself with meds that will most likely make me feel like staying in bed for a couple of weeks.  Oh the complex emotions of fertility!

However, it's been lovely to have a couple of weeks practically hormone free.  I have energy.  I've worked out twice.  (I know it's not much, but it's two times more than the past month!)  I spent time with my family in the pool this evening.  And, thankfully, I enjoyed Old Town Spring, the Premium Outlets at 290, and many snacks out with one of my bffs Lindsay (from Canada, O Canada--what aboot it, eh? :)) last week.

I know that feeling better is a product of many different factors (many medical), but I believe that one factor that cannot be overlooked is the support system that girlfriends offer--no matter what stage of life in which they currently reside.  Whether they've just had a baby, have older children, dealt with infertility for years, have recently married, or are fancy-free single gals, my support system has been deep and wide.  Last week reminded me that those friends, the ones walking through this experience with me, remain invaluable and a necessary part of this experience.

I heard someone say once that everyone is either headed into, out of, or are in the midst of a difficult experience.  My exhortation for the gals perusing this texts are to take a moment and think of that one friend (or handful of friends) willing to listen to incessant ranting or obsessive talk about those struggles you may be facing or may soon face.  Have a coffee with her, call her, or send an e-mail asap.  Above all, keep in touch and hang out regularly.   You need one another. 

4 comments:

  1. Friend, I am glad that you are my friend! You know that I will do anything for you...except for carry your baby! Maybe I will carry your baby...can I carry your baby and my baby at the same time? You may have to wait several years, but then our babies could realy be friends from the beginning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that medical technology has progressed to the point that you could carry your baby and my baby at the same time. However, it would be tough to know whose was whose at first--unless one came out with red hair. I'll talk to my doctor about this option. :)jk.
    KBird

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have DNA testing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking about you and praying for you as you begin your journey. I wish you all the best throughout this experience. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We are stuck in the two week wait game right now and it sucks! If it doesn't work, I will be starting over with you as we begin this school year. It is so much easier if it just works before the school year starts :)

    ReplyDelete