Friday, June 26, 2009

While I'm Here

I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on some of the positive points about the waiting room, detailing what I'm most enjoying about this time of rest.

1. Naps (pretty much daily)
2. Not much energy to work out (thank you for the break, hormones :))
3. Cravings without guilt--particularly for chocolate shakes (Tim reminds me I'm not pregnant yet, but I've decided I'll just have an 11-month pregnancy)
4. Reading, reading, reading (currently: Shopaholics series for fun reading; about to start a new memoir for book club: open to suggestions; recent short story: "Hills Like White Elephants" by Hemingway (still attempting to uncover the many layers); also LOVED The Millionaire Next Door for nonfiction financial advice)
5. Writing: I'm taking an incredible Memoir writing class through UH's InPrint and I'm attempting to write about my own journey daily
6. Berry-picking with a dear friend: Yes, I am truly a farm-girl at heart.  I've brought home a mound of blackberries and blueberries so far
7. Watching movies/hangin' with bff Sarah
8. Hanging with my family--thanks Lindsay for keeping me company (and driving me to the Galleria so I wouldn't go stir-crazy) after my surgery; I love you too, Mom, Katie, & Cody ;)
9. Sleeping in (I thought it appropriate to begin and end my list with my favorite activity and the one that I will most miss when baby is finally here :))

3 comments:

  1. You know that I think the world of you, but take it from someone who has lived on a farm for 3 years and in a farm community for 10...you are not a farm girl. You are a city girl, which there is nothing wrong with. Unfortunately having sleep on your list twice prevents you from being a farm girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree Kristen, you are not a farm girl! I remember you shuddering at the idea of spending two weeks vacation in the country without a Starbucks near by. That's okay, I love you anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with both of you! Galveston was almost too far from the city for me! But the berries are yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete