Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm sure Tim could tell (probably because I told him in no uncertain terms) that I felt irritated with him when he came home today. You know where he had been? Work. And Target. To get prescriptions. The nerve.

But me, I'd been at home doing dishes, vacuuming and hanging out with a baby on my boob. I knew my frustration held little logic, but I couldn't help feeling the NEED--yes, need-- to get out of the house. I'm up at my office right now, filling out health insurance paper work, thinking about how I need to print off a few coupons before I go to the grocery store, and loving every moment of my sense of freedom. I love my baby, but I must say that I love her even more after being out a couple of hours. Of course, that said in three more weeks I return to school full time, and I'm sure I'll be writing pitifully sad blogs about how much I miss her by then. Oh, the tugs and pulls of learning motherhood while maintaining self-hood. I know that's not a word, but my brain is on half-power (back from 25% before she started sleeping through the night) and my time out is quickly dwindling since baby Bird will want to be fed soon. Gotta go print some coupons. What a delight! For real.

1 comment: