Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Embrace the fatigue

The sun is shining for the first day in the past week or so, and I am about to trek outside with my midterms and sit and bask in the Vitamin D while I edit them. Macie is draining me today, a disappointing fact since I assumed that the second trimester would be full of frolicking around school, shopping, and building the nursery in my spare time. Ha! My doctor reminded me sweetly that every pregnancy is different, and even though one friend told me that she had MORE energy in her second trimester than BEFORE she was pregnant (is that really possible????), that's not the reality in which I live. But I accept this as part of mommy-prep and as a necessity to help my baby grow, grow, grow. My motto today: Embrace the fatigue. The end result is worth it.

1 comment: