Monday, March 15, 2010

My Reason to Relax

Last Monday, Macie and I had an adventurous day. I arrived at my doctor's office after a stressful day at work, rushing to get there on time, and the nurse found my blood pressure a bit higher than normal. I also had to discuss the fact that I'd spotted slightly that day, and between the two issues, they sent me directly to the hospital for observation. After a couple of hours, the hospital found all well and sent me home.

A crazy start to a busy week in which I met with 25 students regarding admission into National Honor Society, graded numerous junior research papers, and fielded dozens of questions from students. And now, I rest. Spring Break officially began today, and I've devoted my hours to napping, lunch with my sister, and napping. Although a pile of grading and prep work for my sub looms before me, I've decided to get to it when I get to it. In the meantime, Macie and I will relax in preparation for the big event which could be as soon as 3 weeks away. (I'm in Week 33 right now).

I justify my time of rest and relaxation with the knowledge of the risk of hypertension amongst PCOS gals. So far, I've dodged the increased risk of gestational diabetes. Now, I attempt to keep my blood pressure as normal as possible by enjoying Spring Break. Nice excuse, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment