Friday, March 5, 2010

Fluffing my Feathers

I believe I am now in the stage known as nesting. Unfortunately, as I told Tim last night, my nesting has nothing to do with furiously (or even non-furiously) cleaning the house. Obviously. And it has nothing to do with making sure my daughter has a place to sleep--still no crib. However, I did just spend the last few minutes cleaning my school desk, discussing missing work with students, and contemplating the best timing to take all their artwork/writing samples off the wall. I've arranged for a sub to take my advisory, and I'm anxiously hoping to meet final candidates for my sub position. And yes, I still have until April 9 to teach. What is this strange urge to get everything ready and in place right NOW???!!!

I also found myself unable to sleep earlier this week as I thought about the mound of grading from junior research to sophomore projects. I'm definitely concerned that Macie will make her appearance before my professional life is in order. Tomorrow marks Week 32, and although we'd prefer she stayed inside at least four more weeks, I'm happy to know that she would most likely be ready enough for the outside-world, even though mommy may not be quite ready yet. As of tomorrow: 8 months and counting.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's silly that the Birds are nesting. Hee hee. Love ya! Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete